When you use the applications offered by Highways, you and your customers data may pass through systems not owned or operated by Highways. These systems may be outside your country and fall under differing data laws to those of country in which you live or work. Highways, at no time, monitors, collects, analyses or otherwise stores non-essential data that passes via its systems. At no time does Highways store, retain or analyze your system or customers data.
Highways encrypts all communications to and from its systems, and any data stored in its system e.g. Authorization keys, but it cannot guarantee your data is 100% safe from monitoring by third parties either now or in the future.
Highways assumes that by using our services you are aware of this policy, the inherent risks of using our software and are taking proactive safe guards to ensure your data, and that of your customers, is safe and backed up where applicable.
Effective date: August 08, 2019
Highways.io (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.highways.io website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
Customer & System Data
Highways does not store, monitor or analyze your system or customer data. Highways, in general, stores the following of data:
- A token, provided by your service provider, that permits Highways access to your system for the purpose of transferring data to and from Highways. In general, this is an OAuth or API key which Highways uses to interface with a given service providers API. These tokens adhere to the requirements as set down by your service provider i.e. Scope, Refresh & Revoking actions, in addition to being encrypted whilst stored on Highways systems.
- Cache data for commonly called API end points, for example resource intensive searches. These caches are provided by in-memory systems such as Redis and have a maximum lifespan of 60 minutes. These caches are necessary to reduce system load on third party providers and to ensure timely responses during app utilization.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Log Files & Data
Highways utilizes its own internal logging systems in addition to those offered by our platform hosts Heroku and Sentry.io. Highways makes best effort to ensure that all personally identifiable and/or sensitive information is removed from these log files before storage or transmission, but this cannot be guaranteed in all instances. Log files are retained for a period of 30 days but this period can be extend as and when required up to an indefinite period at the sole discretion of Highways.
Use of Data
Highways.io uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Ireland and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Ireland and process it there. Our application servers are provided by Heroku that are located predominately in the United States of America.
Disclosure Of Data
Highways.io may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Highways.io
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com